Friday, September 22, 2006

My love/hate relationship

After another trip to the darkroom at work, it's occurred to me that I both love and hate the place...

Reasons why I love the darkroom:
* I can go in there if I'm having a bad day and need to get away from everyone for a few minutes, and I can guarantee that I'll be left alone
* I can sing and prance around, and no-one can laugh at me because I'm the only one in there so they can't see me. This is a big bonus for me, because I love singing and prancing around, but am also very self-concious so don't always like doing it in the lab when there are other people around
* It's where I find out if my experiments have worked

Reasons why I hate the darkroom:
* It's really boring - if I forget my iPod, there's nothing for me to sing along with or prance around to, and then there's just a lot of standing around which is really boring
* It's where I find out that my experiments don't work after all
* If I'm having a really sociable day, I don't get to chat to anyone for the amount of time that I'm in there
* It's too far from the lab, which involves much wandering around the department. It doesn't sound like much, but when you end up having to go there 2 or 3 times a day, it gets annoying

Hmmmm.......

No comments: