Friday, August 11, 2006

Microsoft are not my friends

I hate microsoft. I really do. I swear they do very little except annoy me and make my laptop unhappy. Then they make me swear and/or meep. A lot. After installing windows updates this afternoon, word decided it could no longer insert references into my report until I'd updated that as well. I then have all the usual faff in our office of attempting to get anything printed, which believe me is a lot more hassle than it sounds. Then there's the issues of having to move onto a different computer which doesn't have the same version of office on it, so all the formatting goes haywire and you have to spend ages re-doing all the figures in the report. So seeing as it's just gone 6 on a Friday and I'm still working when I need to go shopping tonight for our cocktail party tomorrow and it'll take me the best part of an hour to get home before I can do that, I'm not a happy bunny. But on the plus side, our department's deserted by this time on a Friday, so I can turn the music up on my laptop and sing (fairly loudly) in the office without disturbing people. Well, there had to be a good side in there somewhere!

No comments: