Thursday, June 14, 2007

I don't feel like dancing

Well, actually I do feel like dancing, I'm just not allowed to do it. I had an appointment at the university sports centre open clinic this morning, and was told some not so fun news. I've always known that I've got weak ankles - it's something of a family curse. But it turns out the problem is much worse than I'd initially thought. My arches have partially collapsed, which is something that happened to my sister a long time ago except hers went completely, and the ligaments and things that support my left ankle have virtually no strength on the inside of the joint at all. The only reason my ankles are currently not in the state of my sisters is probably because I've been dancing for so long, so it's helped to hold them together as it were. But now my injury from January is back (again), so I went to get it assessed and it turns out I need physio or it's just going to keep getting worse. So no dancing, and no gym until I've at least had the full assessment and my physiotherapist can tell me exactly what I should and shouldn't do.

I miss dancing :(

No comments: