Sunday, July 18, 2010

T minus 2 and counting!

Apologies for the delay in getting this update done, but things have been more than a little manic around here over the last few weeks.  Anyway, this will be my last update from the UK (for some time at least), but given how much has been going on it'll probably take at least until I get to the States for people to actually finish reading it!

The last few weeks (and months for that matter) have been an emotional rollercoaster filled with friends, family and much frivolity.  There have been trips to Alton Towers, Glastonbury festival, Longleat, camping in a random farmer's field and many many trips in the car to Swindon, Cornwall and Lowestoft.  And now the time has come to wave goodbye to the English countryside and say hello to the exciting prospects of Houston.  Like many before me, I'm off to fulfill at least one of my dreams, and hope to come back with many happy stories to tell.  Or more likely type many happy stories on my blog while I'm there...

While I could go into the details of all the exciting trips we've taken over the last couple of weeks, I have decided not to for a couple of reasons.  Firstly I'd like to avoid starting my job with RSI from how long it would take me to type everything, and secondly because it all really boils down to one thing.  I've realised recently more than ever before in my life the importance of surrounding yourself with good people, and I've realised just how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and family in my life.  Without the support of my friends and family I wouldn't even be contemplating such an adventure, so really what I want to say to you all is thank you.  You've supported me through some rough times and helped me celebrate good times, and each and every one of you is incredibly special to me.  I promise I won't forget a single one of you while I'm away, and will endeavour to bore you all to tears with constant emailing and facebook!

A girl couldn't wish for better people than you!

LOVE YOU ALL GUYS!

No comments: